1. Since about 5000 BC, the main Chinese ethnic group of the Han nationality originated in the Yellow River Basin and began to develop gradually, entered the Neolithic period, and successively experienced the matrilineal and paternal clan communes. In 2700 BC, a Ji surname tribe active in the central region of Shaanxi was headed by Huangdi, and there was also a Jiang surnamed tribe headed by the south, and the two sides often had frictions. The two major tribes finally broke out in the battle of Hanquan and Huangdi defeated After the Emperor Yan, the two tribes formed an alliance and captured the surrounding tribes, resulting in the predecessor of the Huaxia tribe.
The ancestors of the Han nationality According to the legends recorded in the pre-Qin literature and the scope of Xia, Shang, and Zhou Lidu, the ancient ancestors of the Han nationality generally moved from Longshan in the west to the middle and lower reaches of the Yellow River in the east to Taishan; they are mainly distributed in this area. The two types of neolithic culture, Yangshao Culture and Longshan Culture, are generally considered to be the cultural relics of the ancient ancestors of the Han nationality.
The ancient legend also describes that the ancestors of the Han nationality experienced a long period of primitive commune system. Before the Yellow Emperor, passed the stage of matrilineal clan (see Matrilineal Clan System), knowing mother but not father. The legend of the Yellow Emperor marked the transformation from a maternal clan to a paternal clan, and has entered the tribal alliance stage. Legend has it that Yao, Shun, and Yu, who were leaders of the Great Tribal Alliance successively after the Yellow Emperor, were considered descendants of the Yellow Emperor.
2. In the 21st century BC, the era of the primitive commune system in the Central Plains reached the end of history, and class society has appeared on the land in the middle and lower plains of the Yellow River.
From the 21st century BC, there were several dynasties of Xia (about 21st century-16th century BC), Shang (about 16th century-11th century BC), and Western Zhou (about 11th century-771 BC).
Firstly between the Yellow River and its tributaries Wei, Fen, Yi, Luoxia, and Heji, and the Huaihe tributaries Ru, Qiu upstream; then it developed into the vast areas of the Huaihe, Surabaya, Yangtze River, and Hanshui. In the Western Zhou Dynasty, the family names of Hua, Xia Dan or Hua Xia even appeared, to distinguish them from Man, Yi, Rong and Di. However, at this time Huayi s discrimination was not very strict.
3. During the Spring and Autumn Period (770 BC ~ 476 BC), the concept of Huayi being expensive, low, and inferior was very strong. At that time, the criteria for distinguishing between Huaxia and Barbara, ethnicity and culture were valued, and culture was the most important factor. Huayi can often translocate due to etiquette, clothing and other factors. Qin and Chu are not only the same as Qi, Yan, Han, Zhao, and Wei, but also the two most powerful Chinese princes. The seven males were united, connected, merged, and fought, but the ethnic groups were the same, forming a unified trend of the Zhuxia. As a result, Huaxia has become a stable ethnic group, and its distribution area has reached the middle and lower reaches of the Liaohe River in the northeast, the Luanhe River basin in the northwest, Bashu and Guizhou in the southwest, and Hunan, Hunan and Wuyue in the southeast.
4. Qin Shihuang unified China and established the Qin Dynasty, followed by the Han Dynasty and ruled China for more than 400 years. During this period, the territory of China expanded unprecedentedly. At this time, the Han population was still concentrated in the Yellow River and Huai River basins.
5. From the end of the Western Jin Dynasty, the five hustle and bustle, the Han population gradually migrated to the Yangtze River, the Pearl River, and southeast China on a large scale. During the period from the Western Jin to the establishment of the Sui Dynasty, the Han nationality entered Central Asia and Yunnan. By the Ming and Qing dynasties, the Han population in the south surpassed the north, and the post-Manchus banned the Hans from entering the northeast. To enrich the frontiers in the late Qing Dynasty, the Han people were allowed to enter northeast China. During the period of Zhang Zuolin s rule in the northeast, a large number of Han people in Shandong were introduced. The Han nationality began to emigrate to Southeast Asia sporadically, and from the 19th century, the Han nationality emigrated to Europe, North America and other places.
6. The Han nationality was originally called Huaxia nationality. After the peasants uprising in the late Qin Dynasty, Liu Bang and Xiang Yu waged a four-year war for dominion, known as the Chu-Han War. In this war, Xiang Yu claimed to be the overlord of Western Chu and Liu Bang was named the Han King. Later, Liu Bang defeated Xiang Yu and established the Han Dynasty.
7. The name Han originally originated from the Huns. During the Qin and Han Dynasties, the Central Plains dynasty adopted tough measures against the Huns. Especially during the reign of Emperor Hanwu, the Han Dynasty entered the prosperous era, and General Wei Qinghuo went to the hospital to lead the army to fight three wars with the Huns, defeated the Huns, and defended the property of the Han people and the security of the country. In the midst of the war, the Xiongnus saw the prosperity of the Han Dynasty and called the Huaxia in the Central Plains area Han or Han.
Dont The Chinese, nicknamed Han, originated at the end of the Wei Dynasty. It was originally a slanderous name given by the rulers of ethnic minorities to the inhabitants of the Central Plains, which was insulting. [Bei Qi Shu] and [North History ] both have such titles: Han, Hanzi, Han generation, Han family and so on. Men, such as good guy, crop guy, drunk guy and thief guy .
Gao Liao is composed of two major ethnic groups: Qidan and Han. The Han people pretend to be Han and don t seem to care much about the derogatory meaning it contains. With the continuous integration of the nation, there is a saying in the society that the people of Qidan Han have been a family for a long time.
Before the Emperor Han Wudi, there was no Han ethnic name. At that time, the Central Plains were collectively called the Huaxia ethnic group, so the Han emperor Han Wudi had to be excluded. (Han Gao s ancestor Liu Bang was born of the Chu State during the Warring States Period. In the Spring and Autumn Period of the Chu State, he was also regarded as a Southern Barbarian. He was considered a Huaxia in the Warring States Period. From this point, Liu Bang also contained the Southern Barbarian blood.
From the perspective of cultural ancestry, Tang Gao s ancestor Li Yuan has Dai ancestry (Tang Taizong Li Shimin s grandmother, biological mother, and queen are Xianbei, and Li Yuan s biological mother is a famous slave sister.) Therefore, to be strict, the Tang emperor can t Said to be strictly Han. In addition, several minority dynasties in Chinese history must also exclude the` `Northern Wei, Eastern and Western Wei, Northern Zhou, Liao, Jin, Xia, Dali, and the Five Kingdoms and Ten Small Countries, etc. Emperor of several dynasties.
Huaxia is a regional concept, not a national concept. The Huaxia nation refers not only to a nation, but to various nations living within China. In fact, China does not have a single Han ethnic group.
Since the Xia, Shang and Zhou Dynasties, the integration and unification of multi-ethnic groups has been in China. Strictly speaking, there is no distinction between Han people and ethnic minorities in the Chinese land. Only the Chinese nation and Huaxia nation are the same subject. Therefore, the division of ethnic minorities in China actually establishes ethnic and ethnic barriers. China has only one since ancient times. The nation is the Huaxia nation .