1. From June 16, 2017, the Ministry of Public Security will issue the 2017 version of the Permanent Residence Card for Foreigners to foreigners who have been approved to obtain permanent residency in China. At the same time, they will stop signing permanent residence permits for foreigners.
2. The 2017 version of the Permanent Resident Identity Card for Foreigners is designed and manufactured with reference to the second-generation resident identity card standard, and has a non-contact integrated circuit chip embedded in it. Certificate registration items include the holder s name, gender, date of birth, nationality, validity period, issuing authority and certificate number. The personal information of the holder and the management information for the issuance of the certificate are stored in the chip at the same time, and can be read by the second-generation resident ID card reader.
3. The requirements for the 2017 version of the foreigner s permanent residence ID, the application conditions and channels, the approval procedures and standards, the fees and standards, and the validity period of the documents are consistent with the existing foreigner s permanent residence permit.
4. After the 2017 version of the permanent residence permit for foreigners is launched, the current permanent residence permit for foreigners that is still valid can continue to be used, and the licensee can also apply for a new version of the certificate.
In order to enable foreigners who have obtained permanent residence status in China to enjoy the effects of the document facilitation reform as soon as possible, public security organs will provide existing foreigners with permanent residence permit holders with the convenience of issuing new versions of their certificates. Beginning June 1st, people with a valid permanent residence permit for foreigners can apply for a new version of the certificate to the original accepting authority or the public security agency in the district / city where they live (except for filling in the application form and submitting the old version for inspection)), The public security organ will simplify the approval process, shorten the approval time limit, and issue a new version of the certificate within 20 days.
V. The 2017 version of the Permanent Residence Card for Foreigners and the current Permanent Residence Card for Foreigners (hereinafter referred to as the Permanent Residence Card for Foreigners) are the identification documents of the holders of residence in China, which can be used for financial , education, medical, transportation, and accommodation, Communication, work, taxation and social insurance, property registration, litigation and other matters are used alone as identity documents.
The number of the foreigner s permanent residence permit will remain unchanged after reissuance and replacement.
6. The Ministry of Public Security will provide foreigners with a permanent residence permit information online verification service.