I am a foreigner living in China. Can I apply for a US visa in China?

Generally, the US Visa Center recommends that applicants apply for a visa in the country of their nationality or residence. Anyone with legal status in China can apply for a visa in China. However, when choosing an application location, applicants should not only consider issues such as convenience or postpone appointments in residential areas. More thoughtful considerations should also be made, such as which consulate jurisdiction can better prove that it is strongly binding. Visa issue and processing times cannot be guaranteed. If the visa is refused, the application fee is non-refundable.

[I am a foreigner living in China. Can I apply for a U.S. visa in China?]

Foreigners living in China who want to apply for a B-1 / B-2 visa must prove to the visa officer that they meet the visa application requirements set out in the US Immigration and Naturalization Act (INA). Under section 214 (b) of the INA Act, all B-1 / B-2 visa applicants are considered immigrant-prone unless the applicant can prove that they meet the following conditions:

1. The purpose of going to the United States is a short-term visit, such as participating in business / leisure / medical activities

2. The planned time in the U.S. is limited and certain

3. Have sufficient funds to cover all expenses during your stay in the United States

4. Having a residence outside the United States and having strong social and economic ties can ensure that you return as scheduled after your trip to the United States

US Visa Application Process:

step 1:

Complete the electronic visa application form (DS-160) online. If you do not know how to fill out the 160 application form in English, we have assistance to apply for the service, please click to enter the Chinese online form DS-160 service

Step 2:

Pay the visa application fee and schedule an interview. To schedule an appointment, you need to provide the following three pieces of information:

-Passport number.

-The number on the visa application payment receipt.

T-Ten (10) digit barcode number on DS-160 confirmation page.

If you do not know how to make an appointment, we provide assistance services, click to enter the Chinese appointment system

Step 3:

Please meet at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General at the agreed time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *