The ancient Chinese “Miyagi” in Suzhou Street in the Summer Palace

When entering the park from the North Palace Gate of the Summer Palace, you will walk through a three-hole stone bridge. Under the bridge is Suzhou Street. When you talk about this street, you must mention the Qingyuan Garden, the predecessor of the Summer Palace. The Qingyuan Garden is called the name of the Qianlong period. It was renamed the Summer Palace. The first Emperor Qianlong went down the south of the Yangtze River and was fascinated by the beauty of the south of the Yangtze River. The six rivers and the south of the Yangtze River are also said to be eight times. Is it a “fake public and private” only for the loss of Jiangnan? That would be Jiangshan is his, so there is no fake public and private to say, anyway, he is too obsessed with the scenery of Jiangnan, since in the north can not live in Jiangnan every day, it does not matter, 咱 in the capital to create a “Jiangnan”! So in the Yushan Mountain area of ​​Xishan, with the pattern of Sanshan and Wuyuan, Qingyi Garden began construction in 1750. As the chief designer, Qianlong paid considerable attention to it and set up the top team at that time for construction.
With Jiangnan gardens, it is natural to avoid the lively scenes of the Jiangnan Street shops that Qianlong likes. So there are three famous trading markets in the Royal Garden. One is the Yuanmingyuan Park, and the other is the Qingheyuan River. Buying and selling streets; third is the “Suzhou Street” near Zhongguancun on the edge of the current three rings.
It is said that the prototype of the sale and purchase street in the Summer Palace is the Shantang Street in Suzhou. It is located behind Wanshou Mountain in the park, so it was first known as Wanshou Trading Street. The total length is about 270 meters. The layout of the building is imitated in the form of “one water and two streets” common in the eastern part of Zhejiang. Later, the three-hole stone bridge in the middle section of the river is spread to the sides. On the shores of the winding shores of the two banks, more than 60 seats 200 The rest of the pavements are row upon row, with the river as the street and the bank on the market.
In fact, this is just a scene-style, interactive and immersive entertainment project designed by Emperor Qianlong. It will only be opened when the Qianlong family visits the park. The merchants in the market are all eunuchs and ladies. Play. Even if it is just an imitation, it is very important for Jiangnan’s original taste for architectural design and shop setting.
According to the Qing Dynasty archives, “The House of Internal Affairs Yellow Book” does not fully record: there are more than 10 buildings on the market, at least 6 arches and 15 arches. Street shops are lined up, Tongyu, Tailai, Liuhe, Hengsheng, Keyuan, Fangyazhai, Jijin, Radiant, Fenghe, Jingwei, Lixiangzhai, Xixiangpu, Yun Hanzhai and so on, the types of business are Shixiangzhai shoes, Jingwei silk cloth, Tuyun tobacco, Yunhanzhai Wenfang four treasures, Yiguzhai Wenwan, Pinquanzhai teahouse, Fangyazhai is a restaurant, and the five elements are almost All kinds of products, of course, shoes, fruit and other commodities wooden props.
In 1860 (Xianfeng ten years), the market was burned by the British and French coalition forces. In 1886 (the 12th year of Guangxu), the Qing Emperor’s Garden in Qianlong Period was called the Summer Palace, and the Empress Dowager Cixi built the Summer Palace. It was also designed to be constructed but was not implemented.
Until 1983, in order to restore the landscape of the Qingyuan Garden, and to investigate the size of the site, a preliminary plan was proposed. Firstly, 90 rooms in the east and west of the Three-hole Stone Bridge and the original trading street were rebuilt. Folk architecture, blue and white walls, brown doors and windows, no colored paintings, but keep archways, arches, temps, etc. Reconstruct the painted Fangtang, according to the garden building oil painting.
In 1986, the reconstruction of the Suzhou Street Engineering Design Factory was rebuilt including Suzhou Street, Painted Fangtang, Jinsu Mountain and Jiayinxuan. On October 15, 1986, due to the planning of the Summer Palace Management Office, the reconstruction project of Houhu Trading Street designed by Tsinghua University was officially started. All the projects took 4 years. It was opened to the public on September 16, 1990.
After the winter, the capital is still a scenic spot in the late autumn. Several maple trees on the Suzhou street ignited this quiet water street. Tourists traversed the narrow shore in twos and threes. The river was light and the pavilion reflected, the leaves were up and down, and the water could not Backflow, time is even more impossible. When walking through every shop and looking at the clerk dressed in antique costumes, there is always the illusion of crossing time and space. The paintings sway in the water, from the head of the street to the end, for a moment, it seems I came to the south bank of the Jingcheng River in the Qianlong era.
This street is called Suzhou Street in ancient China, and it seems to be through history. In today’s sunshine, the story of more than two hundred years ago is still being played, and we actually did a meeting in the market. people.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *